The magic of Lake Orta: a romantic trip to Piedmont
The real navel of Lake Orta is the Island of San Giulio, an important ducal seat at the time of the Lombards and today quietly inhabited by cloistered nuns. From here there is a wonderful view of the surrounding shores, a real embrace of the whole territory, while inside the church important finds document the historical stratification of the island, taking us back to the days when San Giulio (died in 390 AD ), as legend has it, landed on the island chasing away dragons and founding his hundredth church. Exactly in front of the island, on the eastern shore of the lake, Orta appears, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, able to remain intact over the centuries and today to give the visitor a maze of alleys, historic buildings and lake views where breathe all the authenticity of the place.
3 * hotel on the shores of the lake, has modernly furnished rooms equipped with all comforts: private bathroom, hairdryer, air conditioning, mini bar, TV sat, direct dial telephone, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, central safe, terraces lake and / or mountain view.
Activities and experiences
• E-bike rental and departure to discover the lake
• Active holiday, discovering the lake through new trekking routes
• Boat trip on the lake, to discover its jewels
• Food & wine tour, to discover the typical products ans the excellences of Piedmont
• Vercelli – The city and the rice fields – with a visit to the city and a walk in a rice field
• Excursion to Ghemme with a visit to a winery and Nebbiolo tasting
Ask for more information
Let yourself be inspired